Since its formation in 1992, Trinity Biotech has actively pursued the aim of becoming a leading player in the international diagnostics market. A combination of strong organic growth and a progressive acquisition-led strategy has seen the company assemble an impressive portfolio of over 400 products to date.
Specialising in the development, manufacture and marketing of diagnostic test kits, Trinity Biotech’s continued success is based on the fact that as a company it consistently achieves standards of excellence in the quality of all it does.
The test kits manufactured by Trinity Biotech are used in the clinical laboratory and point-of-care segments of the diagnostic market to detect infectious diseases, sexually transmitted diseases, autoimmune, cardiac arrest and haemoglobin disorders, and detect, monitor and control diabetes. The company is also a significant provider of raw materials to the life sciences industry.
Quoted on the NASDAQ exchange, and with facilities spanning Europe and America, Trinity Biotech sells its products in more than 110 countries. It reaches this worldwide market by combining the skills of its own sales force with a network of international distributors and strategic partners.
Trinity Biotech has manufacturing facilities in:
- Bray, Ireland – Rapids, Infectious Disease
- Carlsbad, California, USA – Infectious Disease – Western Blot, Point-of-care development
- Acton, Massachusetts, USA – Raw materials for supply to the research and diagnostic industries
- Jamestown, New York, USA – Infectious Disease – Enzyme Immunoassay (EIA)
- Kansas City, Missouri, USA –Diabetes Diagnostics based on Boronate Affinity HPLC
- Amherst, New York, USA – Autoimmune assays – IFA, EIA, Line Immunoassays, Western Blot